On Monday morning, this is how I thought my Thursday would go:
Get up at normal time, drop Gabby off at school before 855, go home and clean and work around the house, eat lunch, drop Sam at the CDC at 1230, take Jordan to the vet on McChord at 115, pick up the birthday cake I ordered for Gabby at the McChord commissary afterward, come home and wrap birthday presents, pick up Sam at 4, pick up Gabby from art class at 430, go home, do homework, eat supper, play a little and get everyone to bed ready to get up and celebrate Gabby's birthday tomorrow.
Here is how my Thursday actually went:
Get up late after sleeping through my alarm for ten minutes, get Sam up and discover he has a fever, drop Gabby off at school late at 900, go back home, take care of Sam and cancel CDC, shower (finally) at 1100, pick Gabby up from school at 1225 because I forgot when I made the vet appointment she had this random Thursday half-day, run by Quiznos for lunch because by then we are all starving, drive all the way to McChord to pick up a cake I now wish I hadn't ordered there since I had to cancel the vet appointment once I remembered the half-day, come home, do homework and get a snack, take Gabby back to the school at 330 for her art class, come home only to turn around and go pick her up at 430 from her art class, eat supper, settle argument over the tv and finally get everyone to bed knowing I will probably be up in the night as I listen to Sam coughing.
And that is what happens when I plan ahead. I have no plans for tomorrow except that at some point, we will have birthday cake. Hope I have candles somewhere.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment