We hit nine months just before Christmas and we were so busy. Then I was sick the week after Christmas. Then the night I tried to post this, blogger wasn't working right and it just didn't get posted. So we're really at about nine and a half by the time I have gotten this done.
Nine months - the time it takes to grow a baby. That's the first thing that pops into my head when I think about nine months. Our first week of the ninth month was the second week of R&R. Then Robert left and Sam was sick for a week. Another lovely mystery virus that shoots up a super high fever in my baby that can't be pinpointed or anything done about but get through it. Sam sure knows how to have a fever. And he doesn't go halfway with it, either. He goes all the way to high heat.
By the time he was well, we were in the last week of school before Christmas and up to my eyeballs in trying to make Christmas happen - parties and gifts and boxes to mail and cards to do and so on and so forth. I was not as well organized as I wanted to be and lots got left undone. Cards didn't get mailed until Christmas Eve. I worked harder the week leading up to Christmas than I meant to but we managed to get through to nine months down, three to go.
All I could think of at nine months was that I am tired. Tired of always being on call. Tired from getting up, breakfast, dog out, getting dressed, teeth, hair, coats, shoes, in the car, drop off, errands, lunch, nap, pickup, snack, homework, activities, supper, laundry, dishes, baths, bedtime, taking care of the family business, housework, yard work, cars, mail, dog, decisions. Each and every day. They joke over there that each day is like Groundhog Day, the movie (which Robert and I saw on our first date). Each day here feels a lot like Groundhog Day, too. Sure, we do get to do things that are a bit more varied but the workload never really changes and we don't really get a break.
I don't want to sound like I am whining. Maybe I am a little. But I don't mean it that way. It's just that feeling some days where you wake up and say, "I am tired of doing all the things I do every day. Today I wish I could do none of them." And I know we all do that. But at nine months, I'm just feeling tired. Kind of like when you have a baby...
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment