I know, I know, I just posted about nine months. But I was so far behind then. Now I am only a little behind. We passed ten months last week. In the tenth month we had Christmas and then I was sick for a week and then we were well for a week and then Sam was sick for a week. And so it goes. Same story, tenth verse.
Christmas was fun in a very different way. It was the first Christmas I have spent without my mother or my husband (or both!) The kids and I had fun and just enjoyed playing and being Christmas. We went to a friend's house for dinner that night and it was laid back and good. We missed Daddy but we managed to make it good on our own.
Then came my cold the day after Christmas. So much for all the fun things I wanted to do with the kids over break. Thankfully they had their new toys to play with that week while I didn't feel like doing anything. We did managed toward to end to go see The Princess and the Frog, which we all enjoyed.
Ten months, two to go. Doesn't sound like much, especially to my friends just starting their deployments up. When you think about it in weeks, we're only talking 8-9, but it sure feels like a long time. Still planning things that will happen before he gets home. Not quite planning things to happen after he returns yet. Maybe it's because we have a busy couple of months. Gabby's birthday is in there too. Whatever the reason, it still feels like a really long time. Maybe this time next month it won't.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment