Link to story
Robert had a couple of Vietnam Veteran sergeants when he was in ROTC. By the time he came on active duty in 1996 most of them were gone from the Army - retired. For a while there combat patches were rare and meant Vietnam, Panama, or the Gulf War. They were not awarded for Bosnia or the Kosovo Campaign (both of which he participated in). When he was in Iraq the first time we had a Reserve Chaplain at Fort Riley who was a Vietnam Veteran. I was surprised when he said he was since I hadn't seen one on active duty in years.
I am honored that Maj. Steven Hutchison felt called to serve a country who so mistreated his service the first time. I truly hope he receives every honor he deserves. We can never repay his sacrifices.
Thursday, May 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment