Gabby, on the other hand, loves to grow things. And anything will grow for her. Little plant brought home from preschool in a paper cup? Yep! We had a huge marigold that bloomed all summer and a nice sunflower (till the bugs ate it.) Ten year old seeds thrown into a pot? No problem! Bloomed. Tomato, pumpkin and various flower seeds thrown into the ground in a hurry, way too late in the season, in a bad spot and given no attention? Sure. Tomatoes and flowers all summer. Our pumpkin grew and bloomed but we weren't smart enough to make it pollinate so we never got pumpkins. The deer got our blueberry bushes. So this year we have planted strawberries and tomatoes. Our strawberries are growing well. Our tomatoes don't look so great but I think it was my fault. We're not giving up on them anyway. I even heard from a neighbor in NC who said her gardenia bush that Gabby loved has not bloomed since Gabby left. And this lady had a green thumb. I make sure she touches every plant that we attempt.
Monday, May 18, 2009
Planting Flowers with the Daisies
Gabby, on the other hand, loves to grow things. And anything will grow for her. Little plant brought home from preschool in a paper cup? Yep! We had a huge marigold that bloomed all summer and a nice sunflower (till the bugs ate it.) Ten year old seeds thrown into a pot? No problem! Bloomed. Tomato, pumpkin and various flower seeds thrown into the ground in a hurry, way too late in the season, in a bad spot and given no attention? Sure. Tomatoes and flowers all summer. Our pumpkin grew and bloomed but we weren't smart enough to make it pollinate so we never got pumpkins. The deer got our blueberry bushes. So this year we have planted strawberries and tomatoes. Our strawberries are growing well. Our tomatoes don't look so great but I think it was my fault. We're not giving up on them anyway. I even heard from a neighbor in NC who said her gardenia bush that Gabby loved has not bloomed since Gabby left. And this lady had a green thumb. I make sure she touches every plant that we attempt.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment