Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm finally there

I've made it to minivan Mom! Soccer practice starts next week, you know. I couldn't be arriving in the car. No, really, we've been planning on getting one for a while. Actually, I've always said I would have one after the Subaru. I have loved my Subaru. It is a great car and we have had great fun in it. I am sorry to see it go. It's not gone yet, but we're trying to sell it now.

We didn't really mean to buy a van this week. We were going to wait a few months but we found a great van for a great deal and just couldn't pass it up. A local dealer had the color we wanted, with more features than we were aiming for, for a price less than what we expected to pay, with financing less than our bank offers, and a military discount (including three years of oil changes) to boot. We felt like God was granting us a gift and we needed to take it. Just another example of how we have been provided for while our money has been tight.

Did I mention it's nice? It is! I already love it and haven't even had it for 24 hours. The kids think it's great and Jordan has better space now - the whole backseat to herself again! Now I just have to figure out all those buttons....

3 comments:

Hannah Hoffmann said...

The buttons are my favorite part! We want to see pictures!

Hilliard Family said...

I know, I've been too excited and too busy to take any pictures. I will this weekend!

KateVonGlahn said...

Can't wait for the pictures! Love new cars.