Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of School






We took our baby girl off to school this morning. She is so big and so ready to go. She has an awesome school - Kindergarten has come a long way since my day! She was brave and only a little scared about it. She's going 5 days a week, all day long. At least until we move January. Sam and I are going to miss her during the day because she is a big helper to me and plays with Sam. Daddy couldn't resist one last look through the door to be sure his baby was ok. She should have a lot to tell when she gets home this afternoon!
I did ok dropping her off. My only teary moment was when another little boy was brought to my mind, one from Fort Riley whose father was killed in Iraq in 2003. He and Gabby were about the same age, I think. I didn't know the family at all but remember the image of him at the memorial service. It made me sad to think that his daddy was not here to take him to start school this year. I pray he is doing well, wherever he is now. And, of course, there are a lot of other kids going off to school this year whose parents are deployed and not here to take them. Keep them in your prayers. Next year, that might be us.

No comments: