2400 miles, 9 days, 7 hotels, 10 states, 3 time zones
We saw the Mississippi, Missouri, North Platte, Snake and Columbia Rivers. We crossed the Continental Divide three times. We drove through rain, snow, wind, and fog. We saw cows, elk, antelope, deer, sheep, llamas, and horses. We followed Lewis and Clark, the Pony Express, the California Trail, the Santa Fe Trail and the Oregon Trail at many various times, right from where we lived on the Santa Fe and Oregon Trail at Leavenworth.
We did get to see Mount Hood but no luck on Mt. St. Helens or Ranier. I have been close to Mt. St. Helens a twice now and have never seen it. I WILL see it one day before we leave here!
I cannot even count how many times we watched Cars or Nemo. We all can recite the words if that tells you anything. Gabby learned a lot about her states and rivers and all sorts of things that drove past us or that we drove past.
Would I do it voluntarily at this moment just for fun?? Probably not unless we had three weeks in the summer with a nice RV. Did we survive and come out better for it?? Probably. Always an adventure....
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment