Friday, January 9, 2009
Big Trip West - Day Five, Not a good one
We left North Platte late since we were trying to decide what to do about the high winds we were about to face. That and I only got four hours of sleep since Sam was up with gas. We finally decided to aim for Cheyenne - not very far but the last stop before heading into mountains with 50 mph winds. Not long after we left I started feeling queasy. And tired. We made it to Sydney, NE for lunch and the winds started up. Robert fought the winds with the boat trailer the rest of the way to Cheyenne. I fought feeling bad. As we approached Cheyenne, the local weather station said not to take small trailers west of Cheyenne so we felt good in our decision. We got here about 2 and got into a hotel room. Robert packed up the kids and took them to the mall to play. I fell into the bed. After sleeping about an hour, my stomach was full fledged angry. Why me?? I finally started feeling a little better about 10 last night and slept good, at least. We're still looking at how far we are going to try to get today. We're heading over the mountains and it's supposed to snow a little. The wind is almost gone, thankfully. Not that it matters too much if we don't get very far today - you can't get to Fort Lewis at the moment anyway. All roads are closed into the area due to flooding. We have to wonder, is it us?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment