For those of you who aren't used to long-haul PCS moves, today started the 2400 mile journey from Jackson, Tennessee (where we spent Christmas) to Fort Lewis, Washington (where we will live for the next bit). We did 500 miles today from Jackson back to Leavenworth, Kansas but don't let that fool you. We only had one car for this leg so it was much easier and faster. Tomorrow Robert will do his final clearing and we will gather all our other stuff to take west - the Jeep, the boat, and a pile of stuff at my dear friend Laura's house. Then the real work begins on Tuesday - 1900 miles, two cars, a boat, two kids and a dog across the northern plains in the winter. Six days of adventure! Sound appealing to anyone? And, I might add, that the dog is injured. Jordan seems to have sprained a front leg a few days ago and it hobbling around. Hopefully with the resting on the journey, she will improve. She is already better tonight. Just hope the colder weather doesn't make it worse.
Today wasn't too bad but Robert did the driving and I just rode along and tended to the kids. After today, it will be me and the kids and the dog. Usually Jordan rides with Robert but with the injury we don't think she can hop up into the Jeep. So I have all three. He just has the boat! The kids watched movies and played. Sam slept a long time after getting up at 4:30 this morning.
So as you go about your business this week, think about us and say a prayer for us all - we'll need it!
Sunday, January 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Umm...my question is this. Why does Robert get just the boat? That hardly seems fair.
Well, usually he gets the dog too. But with the hurt leg, she can't jump into the Jeep. And I'm a city girl - have no idea how to drive with a trailer. Trust me, if I did, we'd be switching! I do have the DVD player, though, so that helps. But is still a bit uneven, huh?
Post a Comment