Wednesday, July 22, 2009

THE QUILT



Yes, some of you recognize this quilt (or should). This is the Civil War quilt I started in 2003 with friends and neighbors at Fort Riley. It was a block of the month - do two blocks a month for 12 months and then piece it together the 13th. Sounds simple, right? We started pretty well and then faded. Then we moved. I think I had about five sets done then. I managed to do three more between then and the last week. That top picture is the eight sets I had completed. I did vow to finish this during this deployment but so far hadn't gotten anything done on it. Then Connie posted this week that hers was heading off to the quilter. Always a little competitive, I gathered mine together and got to work. Another set finished today. So three more pairs of blocks and one single block to go. And then the piecing and quilting. Six years down - stay tuned sometime in 2015 to see the completed project :)

1 comment:

The Oldham Family said...

Oh Donna, It's beautiful. Can't wait to see the finished project. I too have many quilt tops and blocks from over the years that are not yet finished, But I have hope.