"DuPont Power Restored
July 30, 2009 -- Approximately 2,100 DuPont residents spent the night with out power during one of the hottest weather events in Western Washington history. According to Puget Sound Energy, an underground cable failed at approximately 9pm on Wednesday, July 29, shutting down fans and air conditioning units that were helping keep DuPont residents cool. Record highs that day were recorded from 103 degrees at Sea Tac Airport to 107 degrees in Vancouver, Washington. Power was finally restored by 9am the following morning."
http://www.hometownclipper.com/id8.html
We got home from Rainier (pics coming) at 6:30 PM. My van read 104 degrees outside. It was 90 degrees downstairs in my house, more upstairs. A little after 8 PM, the power went out and didn't come back on until after 9 AM this morning. One of the most miserable nights I have ever spent. The excuse? Buried power lines. Really? We had buried power lines in North Carolina and never lost power for 13 hours when the temps were over 100. They bury the lines in Florida. I'm sure we're not the only neighborhood in WA with buried power lines. But we had the worst power outage. Sure seems like something isn't right.
Oh, and that 103 at SeaTac was the highest EVER recorded there. Previous record? 100. Yesterday's previous record? 89. Average for yesterday? 77. The high yesterday in Baghdad? 102.2. Had you beat yesterday, dear. Plus you have an air conditioner. And no guests. And no kids.
Thankfully today was cooler and tonight is very nice. I even already shut my windows because I was cool.
Edited to add: Robert tried to make me feel better by saying his air conditioner froze up on him that same night. Not sure it makes me feel better. I'd like to think someone had it ok.





1 comment:
What is UP with that??? I'm so sorry! How close to a beach are you? Is the water way too cold where you are?
Post a Comment