Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Eleven Months

The eleventh month was finally over a few days ago. Boy, that was a long one. You'd think when you start getting that close, it would get easier and you would feel better about the whole business. Maybe it was just that we were all sick again. I felt bad for about three weeks there. Sam did too. Even Gabby didn't feel her usual for a few days. We were quite busy, too. My mind may have known time was getting short, but I sure didn't feel like it. It felt like it was never going to end. To quote Groundhog Day, "It's gonna to be cold, it's gonna be gray, and it's gonna last you for the rest of your life. Side note: Groundhog Day was the movie we saw on our first date and it is what they compare to being in Iraq. It's like Groundhog Day, every day is the same. Newsflash for the soldiers - it sometimes feels that way back here, too.

Back on topic, month eleven was eventful despite all the sickness. Gabby turned seven and I turned 27. (Again.) We crossed over the being here one year mark. We had birthday parties and Gabby and I went to see "Annie". Gabby sold Girl Scout Cookies for the first time and I was a Rookie Cookie Mom. Sam just continued to be his adorable self, as usual. He's thinking more about potty training. I'm encouraging him but not pushing too hard, waiting for Daddy to get home and help out with that.

Finally I can report we are down to the last month. Less than a NTC rotation left. I think we might make it now.

No comments: