Thursday, September 3, 2009

First Day of First Grade




Today was Gabby's first day of first grade. She has been nervous about it since watching a Berenstain Bears episode where Sister is concerned about going to the next grade and having to do harder stuff. So for two weeks she hasn't wanted to go. Somehow last night I finally managed to talk her out of being scared and she got excited, only then to not be able to sleep because she was so excited. Argh.

So we managed to get through our morning pretty well seeing as how we have been totally relaxing the last few weeks. We get there and the school is pandemonium. Gabby was hiding behind me. And then they actually ask us to leave our kids in the gym with a teacher we (or the kids) have never met so they can take them to a room we've never seen. Come back in a week for Open House to meet and see it then. Really? I have to say, I was not ok with this, as were a lot of other parents. And a lot of us didn't listen. I admit, I went and found her room and waited until I was sure she was there and in the right place and that I at least knew her teacher's face. And then I quickly left. It just wasn't a good start in my opinion.

No comments: