This is the first cake I have ever bought from Costco and I have to say it was good. This was a white cake with a whipped chocolate layer in the middle. Yummy. My big complaint is the box they sell it in has no reusable option. No top that opens and then closes back over it. Just wrapped in plastic, which you have to pull off. Then you are stuck with no way to store the cake. This was complicated by my irritating side-by-side fridge. I had to cut the cake in half and put one half in my Tupperware cake taker. The other half I wrapped the box around and enclosed in foil. So now this cake took up two whole shelves of my fridge. Every time I opened the door, something fell out on me. We worked on that cake lunch and dinner for a long time! Now we get another cake for Sam's birthday on the 1st! We'll be caked out.
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Robert's Birthday and Cake
This is the first cake I have ever bought from Costco and I have to say it was good. This was a white cake with a whipped chocolate layer in the middle. Yummy. My big complaint is the box they sell it in has no reusable option. No top that opens and then closes back over it. Just wrapped in plastic, which you have to pull off. Then you are stuck with no way to store the cake. This was complicated by my irritating side-by-side fridge. I had to cut the cake in half and put one half in my Tupperware cake taker. The other half I wrapped the box around and enclosed in foil. So now this cake took up two whole shelves of my fridge. Every time I opened the door, something fell out on me. We worked on that cake lunch and dinner for a long time! Now we get another cake for Sam's birthday on the 1st! We'll be caked out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment