Last day at Disneyland - boo! We always want just one more day. We got there at opening and headed to finish up the rides we were missing. We had seen Mickey Mouse at the birthday celebration but they wouldn't do autographs there and Gabby wanted to see him at his house so we headed back to Toontown as soon as it opened to see Mickey, Minnie and their houses. A few more rides back there and then we had an early lunch/snack before hitting California Adventure as soon as it opened to ride Toy Story Mania. Very fun ride - you compete like on Buzz Lightyear but it's more like carnival games. Would have loved to ride it again but the line was huge, which is why we hit it early. Something to do next time. We also rode the last CA rides we missed. After WDW in 2007, I thought I would never get Gabby back on Tower of Terror (she rode it then) but when I mentioned it one last time, she said yes so we rode it. It was a little different from WDW and she liked it better.
We went back to the Magic Kingdom and there they were - Belle and the Beast! I have wanted to see the Beast in the worst way since the summer I worked at WDW. I left Robert and Gabby behind, heading straight for them to get in so we could see them! Of course, I didn't get my picture made but I got my babies and that was good enough and just about made my trip. We finished up our riding at the Magic Kingdom and were going to stay for the fireworks and then skip Fantasmic since we'd already seen it. The fireworks were great but no Tinkerbell :( Gabby still loved them, except for the fact that they made us all stand up to fit more people in. I have never been made to stand during the fireworks. We always grab a spot in front of the castle and sit there throughout. But anyway, they were nice.
And then Gabby realized we weren't going to see Fantasmic. That was a no go for her - she wanted to see it again. So we sped over there and grabbed a spot, off to one side almost behind a light pole about where we had seen it the first night. I got everyone some popcorn b/c we were all getting tired and a little grumpy. As we were sharing our bucket of popcorn, a gentleman came over and asked how many we had and if we would like to see the show from down in front. Not a cast member, just another guest. So we followed him over and sure enough, he had a blanket spread out dead center, right in front of the action next to the fence right next to the water. Another lady and her daughter were there and said he invited them randomly too. He said he lived there and does that when he comes to the park since he has time to stake out his spot very early and then invite folks to sit with him. It was so nice and we totally enjoyed being able to see the whole show. The kids could see without being held and we got to sit and just enjoy - no one crowding us out, no one standing in front of the kids, nothing blocking our view, just enjoying the whole show. It was so much fun! We thanked him profusely, of course and headed out, surprised and happy and knowing we had the best time we could. Until next time.
We went back to the Magic Kingdom and there they were - Belle and the Beast! I have wanted to see the Beast in the worst way since the summer I worked at WDW. I left Robert and Gabby behind, heading straight for them to get in so we could see them! Of course, I didn't get my picture made but I got my babies and that was good enough and just about made my trip. We finished up our riding at the Magic Kingdom and were going to stay for the fireworks and then skip Fantasmic since we'd already seen it. The fireworks were great but no Tinkerbell :( Gabby still loved them, except for the fact that they made us all stand up to fit more people in. I have never been made to stand during the fireworks. We always grab a spot in front of the castle and sit there throughout. But anyway, they were nice.
And then Gabby realized we weren't going to see Fantasmic. That was a no go for her - she wanted to see it again. So we sped over there and grabbed a spot, off to one side almost behind a light pole about where we had seen it the first night. I got everyone some popcorn b/c we were all getting tired and a little grumpy. As we were sharing our bucket of popcorn, a gentleman came over and asked how many we had and if we would like to see the show from down in front. Not a cast member, just another guest. So we followed him over and sure enough, he had a blanket spread out dead center, right in front of the action next to the fence right next to the water. Another lady and her daughter were there and said he invited them randomly too. He said he lived there and does that when he comes to the park since he has time to stake out his spot very early and then invite folks to sit with him. It was so nice and we totally enjoyed being able to see the whole show. The kids could see without being held and we got to sit and just enjoy - no one crowding us out, no one standing in front of the kids, nothing blocking our view, just enjoying the whole show. It was so much fun! We thanked him profusely, of course and headed out, surprised and happy and knowing we had the best time we could. Until next time.





1 comment:
What a fun time! I'm glad ya'll got to do all that after all it took to get out there!
Post a Comment