Sorry for the out of order postings. I am just trying to get them done as I have time. These are some pics from last Saturday when Robert left. We took him to the gym and held out to the bitter end. I was doing ok until the choir sang. It was a local high school and they came and sang because one of the member's dad was leaving. Well, immediately I picked her out by the look. You know, the deer-in-the-headlights eyes and brave smile. Then I couldn't take my eyes off of her and when she started to cry, I couldn't help it, either. I'm ok until someone else cries! After that we had a little more time and I was ok until, again, Gabby started to tear up. As soon as I looked at her, it was over. Then I was crying, which made her cry. We were trying to send him off without too many tears! At least Sam came through for us and pooped right before it was time for Daddy to go. So Mommy and Gabby were crying and Sam was super stinky! What a send-off! We all got to the car and changed the poopy diaper, which made us laugh. Gabby and I decided Daddy would not miss poopy diapers! We heard from him this morning and he has finally made it to Baghdad. Hopefully before too long he'll be able to send us some pics that we can share. Thanks to everyone for your prayers and encouragement. 5 days down, 360 to go...
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Deployment Day
Sorry for the out of order postings. I am just trying to get them done as I have time. These are some pics from last Saturday when Robert left. We took him to the gym and held out to the bitter end. I was doing ok until the choir sang. It was a local high school and they came and sang because one of the member's dad was leaving. Well, immediately I picked her out by the look. You know, the deer-in-the-headlights eyes and brave smile. Then I couldn't take my eyes off of her and when she started to cry, I couldn't help it, either. I'm ok until someone else cries! After that we had a little more time and I was ok until, again, Gabby started to tear up. As soon as I looked at her, it was over. Then I was crying, which made her cry. We were trying to send him off without too many tears! At least Sam came through for us and pooped right before it was time for Daddy to go. So Mommy and Gabby were crying and Sam was super stinky! What a send-off! We all got to the car and changed the poopy diaper, which made us laugh. Gabby and I decided Daddy would not miss poopy diapers! We heard from him this morning and he has finally made it to Baghdad. Hopefully before too long he'll be able to send us some pics that we can share. Thanks to everyone for your prayers and encouragement. 5 days down, 360 to go...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
We're praying that this deployment will go by quickly! We are thinking about you guys!
You and your family are so strong!! I pray God will unite your family with even more strength through this time and for safety for you all no matter where you are!
I know we are far away now physically but I am always online for a listening ear or shoulder....or maybe a cry together. Hugs!!
Post a Comment