Saturday, July 16, 2011

More December Fun (and Not So Fun)

Gabby and Daddy going to The Nutcracker
Fall Brownie badges and patches


 Sickness aftermath


 December is always so busy. We had our last Brownie meeting of the fall and the girls got the badges and patches they earned during the fall.

This December was even busier while we were trying to close on our NC house. It was a huge crazy mess, mostly due to the horrible law firm the buyers chose. They single-handedly delayed the closing nearly two months.  

There we were, the Friday before Christmas week, running all over town trying to find an open notary to help us and then trying to get the papers faxed and then overnighted back to NC so the house could close. I suppose to didn't pay much attention to the signs. We dragged the kids into Applebees for supper after all that. Sam was tired and fussy and didn't want to eat and kept thinking he needed to go to the bathroom. Yeah, I should have known but I was also tired and fussy. Finally I had had enough and I was holding him trying to finish up the check and all that when Mount Samuel decided to blow. Unfortunately, I was holding him inside my coat facing me when he puked and it went all over me, including straight down my shirt. I snatched him up and ran out of there only to get to the van with no change of clothes for him and it being 34 degrees. Poor baby. It was a terrible ride home in the van with him throwing up again and again. And sure enough, as soon as we finally all settled down for the night, Mount Gabby decided to join in the fun. Needless to say, we haven't been back to Applebees (no, we don't think they caused it - we just had a bit too much of it that night.) The next day Robert and I didn't feel so great. He had to spend the day at the battalion open house. I stayed home with the kids and did laundry. Gabby recovered quickly, as she always does. Sam spiked a fever, as he always does, and was sick all through Christmas. The bottom picture was taken the day after Applebees. He plopped down on those pillows behind the couch late in the afternoon and fell asleep.

No comments: