Saturday, July 16, 2011

Christmas Crafts

Somewhere along the way, I think by way of too much Amazon Christmas shopping, I decided to make snowman kits of friends around here for Christmas. I found the white bags at Micheal's. Gabby painted them all by herself.
 I ordered a pack of 6 Melissa and Doug carrots from Amazon (I did see something similar at Micheal's but I had already ordered them). The fleece I used to make the scarves I had in my stash. Since fleece doesn't fray, I just cut it the width of the fabric and cut fringe in the end. No sewing, no tying, nothing. The hats are foam and I found those at Micheal's, along with the red ribbon I tied around them. The "coal" came from a bag of stones I also bought at Micheal's. One bag gave me enough for all 6 bags. I bought a package of assorted buttons (Micheal's) and pulled the big black ones out. I never came up with anything for a pipe but that's no longer PC anyway so I didn't worry about it.
 The finished products! I put a short explanation with them and we gave them out to friends. Yes, we kept one for ourselves. Later you'll see where we used it.
 My second craft was aprons for the kids. I found these monogrammed handtowels at Kohl's on super clearance. I turned down the corners and sewed across them, leaving about an inch or so casing. The kids picked a ribbon from the ribbon box and we fed it through the casing. I used safety pins to attach it since I figure they will grow and we will need to adjust them. Sam's is obviously long but he'll grow fast. I didn't get a good pic of Gabby's from the front but her's has a cute "G" on it.

No comments: