Thursday, August 5, 2010

Deployment Camp, Day One

Eager recruits
Enlistment Ceremony
Casing the colors for deployment
Last hugs from brother before deploying

Robert's unit has a Deployment Camp every summer for the kids of the unit. I thought about sending her last year but they camped out overnight and I just wasn't sure about that so I didn't send her. This year they aren't doing the overnight but are going to camp for two days. She started the day with an enlistment ceremony. Actually, I seriously considered starting her day with a drill sgt.'s wake-up call but I wanted her to be in a good mood so I didn't. The got their gear and headed to the field to form up and be sworn in. After that they did some marching and looked at all the Engineer vehicles. Before lunch they cased up the colors at their deployment ceremony and then headed out, enjoying MREs for lunch. The paintball range was next. They did target practice with marshmallows. After that they did a land nav scavenger hunt before final formation and release.

Tomorrow they will return to the FOB where they will head out to the mock city for games. It will end with a redeployment ceremony tomorrow afternoon.

No comments: