Monday, August 16, 2010

CA Trip Day 13, Crater Lake

Snow in July
Yes, it really is that blue.



More snow left

Our last fun stop on the California trip was Crater Lake, Oregon. I have wanted to go there since we lived in Montana and I read up on it. It was beautiful. Amazing. You have to see it to really get it. And, yes, it was that blue. We took the difficult hike down to the only place you can get to the shore. The boat rides started up the day after we were there, of course, but we went down and stuck our feet in the frigid water and threw some rocks. It was a great ending to a great trip.

1 comment:

Liz said...

That is only about an hour from Joe's parents. It is one of my favorite places ever. So glad you got to go :) BTW I've been up there probably 5 or 6 times and I never manage to get there when they are running the boats LOL