Friday, October 17, 2008

Sticker shock!

But in a good way! I bought gas yesterday for $2.55/gallon! I couldn't believe it! I don't usually pump the gas when Robert is around. Ever since he returned from Iraq in 2004 and I told him my grandmother never pumped gas in her life, he has been committed to doing the pumping for me. I have done it a few times since then, when he has been gone, but not many. So I don't pay much attention to the price any more. I just see the totals that run through the checkbook. He filled up the van before he left for France but my light came on yesterday (almost made it!) I ran over the bridge to Missouri (where the tax is cheaper) and there it was: $2.55. I thought it was a mistake! Needless to say, everyone at the gas station was in a much happier mood than usual. People were smiling and talking to each other. Funny how it lightened the mood! Don't know how long it will last since OPEC is meeting in Nov but I am certainly happy to see it right now.

1 comment:

Hannah Hoffmann said...

That is definitely my favorite kind of sticker shock! Hope it makes it here to Florida really soon!