Ahhh, camping with the Daisy Girl Scouts! For those not yet schooled on Girl Scouts, these are Kindergarteners and First Graders. So five and six years old. We took 13 of them camping a few weeks ago. My thanks goes out to the troop leader, who was gung-ho and really made it a great weekend. We did get to sleep inside a lodge, thank goodness, since this was our first really cold weekend. But we cooked outside and spent the day Saturday outside playing parachute games, fishing, doing crafts, and finishing it off with s'mores around the campfire with the whole group of Girl Scouts from the Fort Leavenworth area. Gabby enjoyed herself and was not ready to leave. I discovered the adults have a secret stash of chocolate and Excedrine handy. Was it like that when you took us, Mom? I left with no speaking voice but also really enjoyed myself. I hope we can find such a good troop at Fort Lewis.
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment