Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Update on everyone

Well, we all appear to be doing better. Not long after I posted the previous message last Friday, Sam's temperature shot up again to around 104. Robert packed him up and took him back to Children's Mercy since it was Friday evening. They checked him over and rechecked his labs and decided that since his fever had been gone for two days, he must have picked up something else. They did check his infected ear very well and said it had healed up nicely (the eardrum had likely burst last week). He had a small bit of fever on Saturday afternoon but has not had any since then. He appears to be getting better. We did take him to have blood drawn yesterday but still haven't heard from that.

Sunday Gabby developed the gunky eye and after another trip to the ER, she has pinkeye. It was most likely caused by the same virus Sam had. It is getting better also.

In five and half years we have had a child, we have taken Gabby to the ER once for an ear infection over the weekend in Montana. In ten days here, we went four times. I am ready to be done with the sickness! It does appear to be making its rounds here. I have heard about at least two other kids with the same stuff as Sam. I am washing, wiping, spraying, cleaning, boiling, bleaching, etc. everything we have had our hands on. Hopefully we can get it out of our house anyway. And with school out and PWOC over, we will be home for a few days.

Thanks to everyone who has been praying for Sam and all of us. His sickness did take turns for the better the doctors cannot explain. And it could have been much worse for all of us. We are grateful for your concern and also thankful to God for getting us through it all.

1 comment:

Hannah Hoffmann said...

Glad to have found your blog. So sorry you guys have been sick! I'm glad you're better.

I'm looking forward to keeping up with you!