Thursday, March 13, 2008

Sorry it's been so long....

Sorry it's been so long. Seems we have hit the ground running here and I don't get time to think anymore. That, and we have filled up both harddrives on our computers and I don't have space to upload our latest pictures. I have been working to clear out some space on this computer so I can get some new pics up. Not easy when you have so many pictures on the computer. Also not easy when you have a five year old who never gives you a moment's peace and a 10 month old who is into everything!

So first I will update on Gabby - she started preschool on-post the first week we were here. She goes MWF until AFTER lunch this time! What a difference it makes to have her close by but go longer. We only need 10 minutes to pick her up, which includes walking all the way to the end of the building. She likes her new school. There are lots more kids in a bigger room. She misses her friends from her old school but has made some new ones.

On Sundays we go to Sunday School and Children's Church. They have a great Children's Church program here - they learn a lot and it has lots of kids in it. She misses her old Sunday School and her good friend Alex still.

She also has gotten into the choir at church. They are working on a musical for the beginning of April on King Josiah. She is getting excited about being in the program.

Gabby enjoyed the snow but is happier for warmer weather. We got her swingset put up in the yard and more kids are out at the nearby playground. She is happy to see the pool close to our house is no longer frozen as well. We'll still have some cold days but are ready for the warm ones.

Gabby is also making progress on learning to read. She learns new words every day and will be very ready for Kindergarten in the fall. She can write pretty well, knowing all the letters and numbers and can write the words she knows. Her drawings are also becoming very good.

We're working on turning Gabby's room into a fairy forest land. I'll post pictures when we finish. We have a little bit left to go.

I will try to update everyone on Sam in the next few days.

No comments: